GUIDO BERLUCCHI FOUNDATIONYOUNG RESEARCHERS MOBILITY PROGRAMME FIRST CALL 2017
The first Guido Berlucchi Foundation young researchers Mobility Programme 2017 aims to support oncologic research by facilitating young researchers training, competence acquisition and development, dissemination activities and knowledge transfer in the field of experimental and translational research.
Applications can be submitted from 1st March 2017 until 4th May 2017at 12:00am (Central European Time). Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
In the present call, the Guido Berlucchi Foundation will support a maximum of four mobility grants. Additional grants could be available at the discretionof the Guido Berlucchi Foundation.
The Guido Berlucchi Foundation Young Researchers Mobility Programme is open to PhD (or equivalent doctoral degree, including medical school speciality) students and fellows awarded their first PhD (or equivalent doctoral degree)up to 2 years prior to the ending date of the call for proposal. No extensions will be considered.
Applicants, of any nationality, must be 35years old or younger by the time of the application deadline.
PhD students must be registered to a PhD Programme and implementing their PhD thesis in an Italian public or private Organisation.
The already PhD awarded fellows must work in an Italian public or private Organisation.
Only inter-country mobilities are allowed. Inter-sectorial/disciplinary mobilities are recommended.
The project to be implemented during the mobility should be related to oncologic researchand cover one or more priority areas identified by the Technical Scientific Committee of the Guido Berlucchi Foundation.
- cell biology
- innovative cellular models
- OMICS approaches
- clinical trial
- evelopment of an experimental part of a research project
- use of facilities/instruments not available at the sending organisation
- acquisition of a new technique/skills development
- development ofclinical researchactivities as part of a research project
- development of a translational research activity as part of a research project
- grant/paper writing
- reparation of materials for dissemination/communication activities
Rules for mobility
The mobility period must range from a minimum of one month to a maximum of seven months.
Mobilities can begin five months after the deadline of the call and must be completed within the next twelve months (from 1st November 2017 to 31st October 2018).
On the first day of mobility, the Hosting Organisation has to confirm the Applicant’s arrival and the duration of his/her stay, by email to email@example.com.
On the last day of mobility, the Hosting Organisation has to confirm the Applicant’s departureby email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within fifteen calendar days from the end of his/her visit, the Applicant has to send the duly filled Mobility Report by email to email@example.com. The MobilityReport template can be downloaded from: Mobility Report template.
The successful Applicant will receive from the Guido Berlucchi Foundation a prepayment equivalent to the 60% of the mobility grant, including the direct payment of the travel tickets,not earlier than a month before the mobility starting date, upon signature of the Self Declaration of Acceptance “Self Declaration of Acceptance”. The balance payment of the due mobility grant will be made after the Technical Scientific Committee of the Guido Berlucchi Foundation has approved the Mobility Report. If the Mobility Report is not provided or approved, the Applicantwill not receive any further reimbursement.
During the mobility period, the successful Applicant will continue to perceive his/herfellowship/grant/salary by his/her Sending Organisation, i.e.the Guido Berlucchi Foundation does not cover any fellowship or salary or part of it.
The Guido Berlucchi Foundation mobility grant supports travel costs and living allowance. The total grant awarded will depend on the Country of the Hosting Organization, thedistance from the Applicant’s Sending Organisation to the Hosting Organisation and the number of days of the visit. The maximum total grant allowed is 7.000 euro per mobility.
They are calculated based on a return economy class air, train or bus ticket (APEX or similar). The travel allowance is calculated to cover a single return trip to and from the Hosting to the Sending Organisation. The Applicant should arrange with the Guido Berlucchi Foundation for the Foundation direct payment of the travel tickets before his/her departure.
The living allowance is to cover normal living and incidentals expenses (food, daily travel to and from work, etc).The contribution is based on unit costs expressed in person-day. The unit cost is defined as 40 euro/day.
Costs not granted
- Costs pertaining to administrative procedures, such as passports and visas, medical coverage, insurance of any kind, removals, bank charges and family travel are at the expense of the successful Applicant. Successful Applicants will not be privileged to any tax exemptions on the grant received.
- Laboratory costs and bench fees are not granted. These costs are covered by the Hosting Organisation.
Applicants should submit their Applicationby email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
In order to be considered eligible, Applications must be composed of:
- Application Form, duly filled in all its parts;
- Applicant’s CV, preferably in Europass format;
- Sending Organisation’s endorsement letter,signed by both the sending scientific supervisor and chief administrator, attesting that the applicant is employed/registered by the Sending Organisation during the mobilityperiod;
- Hosting Organisation’s acceptance letter signed by both the legal representative and chief administrator, indicating the Hosting Organisation’s willingness to accept the Applicant, if successful and to cover the eventual laboratory costs and bench fees
Applications will be subjected to an administrative eligibility check. They will then be evaluated by at least two members of the Technical Scientific Committee of the Guido Berlucchi Foundation, plus an eventual external referee chosen on the basis of the topic of the mobility project.
Applications will be selected accordingly to the set evaluation criteria “Evaluation Criteria Mobility 2017”
If you have any queries regarding the call or the application process, and you can not find the answer in our FAQ section “FAQ_calls 2017” please contact the Guido Berlucchi Foundation at email@example.com . In your email indicate also a phone number, where you could be reached during working hours. You will receive a written answer within three working days.